The tournament is open for any individual. The top four finishers and the top senior player will be rewarded with trophies and prizes. The award presentation will take place on the evening of August 3 during the post tournament dinner.
Prior registration is welcome. Or just drop by on the first day of the tournament, and we’ll introduce you to one of the world’s great games. The cost of entering the tournament is free for members and $10 for non-members. All are welcome.
To register or inquire about the Toronto Xiangqi Open, please contact by phone at (416) 587-6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit our Facebook page.
2014 Toronto Xiangqi Open Regulations
- Organizer: Toronto Xiangqi Association (TXA); Scarborough Seniors Chess Club (SSCC)
- Event: Individual and Senior Open
- Time: Jul 26, Jul 27 and Aug 3 (Preliminary) starting at 1pm; and Aug 3 (final) starting at 2pm
- Location: New Kennedy Square (8360 Kennedy Road, Markham, HW7 and Kennedy Road)
WXF Rules will be adopted.
7 preliminary rounds (45’+15”) using the Swiss system (3, 3, 1 games per day).
When players obtain equal scores, their rankings will be decided by match points; opponent’s match points, and total wins.
Any player that is absent for 2 rounds is automatically disqualified.
The final round takes the form of two-game matches (45’+30”) in which the top four from the Swiss tournament play off for the first and third places.
The Senior Champion is the top senior player from the preliminary rounds.
- Champion – Trophy, and Cash Prize
- 1st Runner up – Trophy and Cash Prize
- 2nd Runner up – Trophy and Cash Prize
- 3rd Runner up – Trophy and Gift Prize
- Senior Champion – Trophy and Gift Prize
- Free for Members; $10 for Non-Members
- Deposit $10 (will be returned upon completion of tournament)
- Chairman – Paul Ng; HanQi Li
- Referees – Peter Sung; YipShing Ng; Lin Tse; YingFai Choi; Kwok Hei Ko