- The Association is named the Toronto Xiangqi Association.
- Abbreviated as TXA (Hereafter referred to as the Association).
- The objects of the Association are:
- To promote the practice of Xiangqi in the Greater Toronto Area.
- To organize and develop Xiangqi activities and recreation.
- To arrange matches and competitions, and to establish and to grant prizes, awards and distinctions.
- To promote exchanges and cooperation among Xiangqi organizations in various cities, regions, countries through Xiangqi activities.
- To enhance friendship among people as well as Xiangqi fans and players of all nations.
3. Special Provisions
- For the purpose of the objects, the Association accepts gifts, donations and bequests.
- The Association shall be carried on without the purpose of gain for its members, and any profits or other accretions to the Association shall be used in promoting its objects.
- Anyone interested in Xiangqi and is willing to abide the Constitution of the Association can apply for membership.
- Annual membership fee for regular member is $12.00 Canadian.
- Annual membership fee for director member is $200.00 Canadian.
- Application for regular member must be approved by the Executive Committee.
- Application for director member must be nominated by at least 2 directors and approved by the Executive Committee.
5. Obligations and rights of regular and director members
- All members shall abide the Constitution of the Association and observe the decisions and resolutions adopted at the Congress.
- All members shall pay annual membership fee.
- All members have the right to participate in the official competitions and activities of the Association.
- Director members shall have the right to attend the Congress meetings with the right to vote, to elect and to be elected.
- Regular members may attend the Congress meeting and be elected but without the right to vote, to elect.
6. Penalties and termination of membership
- The Executive Committee has the right to penalties a member who has seriously violated the Constitution, failed to observe the decision and resolutions or failed to pay annual membership fee.
- The penalty may be a warning, ceasing his/her right to participate any official competitions and activities or expelling his/her membership from the Association.
- Member wishes to withdraw the membership from the Association shall send the Secretariat a written request. Decision of suspension, expulsion or acceptance of withdrawal shall be made by the Executive Committee.
- Member withdrawn his/her membership shall not claim for refund of the membership fee.
- The Congress is the supreme authority of the Association.
- The Congress shall meet annually (in December) and shall be summoned by the Secretary.
- The Congress meeting will be chaired by the President. In the absence of the President, the Executive Committee will elect one of the Vice President to take the chair.
- The Executive Committee may decide the summoning of an extraordinary Congress meeting if necessary.
8. Executive Committee
- In the interval between the Congress meetings, the Executive Committee will exercise the leadership of the Association.
- The Executive Committee is elected by the Congress and consists of a President, 2 Vice-Presidents, 4 Secretaries, 2 Treasurers and 2 or more Committee Directors. Other members of the working commissions will be decided and appointed by the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee members hold an office of a period of 4 years and may be reelected.
- The Executive Committee members shall try it best to meet on a monthly basis with a minimum of 6 directors attending.
9. Amendments and interpretation of the Constitution
- Any amendments to the Constitution must be approved by the Executive Committee.
- The final interpretation right of the Constitution belongs to the Executive Committee.